10.31.2004

Fall Photo Fun Fest & ego gratification

I've just put some new photos online. From the age of fifteen I was a fervid photographer, taking workshops with Ansel Adams, Aaron Siskind and Paul Caponigro while still in high school, spending every waking hour taking photos or in the darkroom, living and breathing it. Edward Weston was my teenage idol. I majored in photography in college, got a teaching fellowship, taught, and finally burned out but good.

Now, thirty years later, the muse has suddenly waltzed back into my life, shrugged her shoulders like it was no big deal, and settled on my head. I'm seeing photos everywhere, starting to carry the camera every day, having a blast. Most are in color, which I would have considered totally gauche in my 'serious' days, and all are digital. My 4x5 view camera sits idle. No darkroom, but Photoshop.

The current batch falls into three rough categories; photos of my frowsy autumn garden, my carousing mutts, and some arty stuff that just kinda snuck in, because I can't help it, plus a few odds 'n' ends. Easiest way to get there is to click on the title, "Fall Photo Fun Fest' above, or here's the URL

http://themeanmissbean.com/recentphotos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home