1.23.2005

germs uber alles

Those icky germs I mentioned in a previous entry, the one where the student showed up in my class in his pajamas and slippers, carrying kleenex, and his GERMS? Yup, got 'em. Thanks kid, thanks very very much you little &*%$#. Can you tell I'm in the 'mucous 'n' misery stage? It's a chest thing at the moment, with the cough option thrown in at no extra charge. And did I mention CRANKY?

Mrs. Beasley seems to understand. She did something she rarely does: curled up with me and took a nap. She prefers to be completely under the covers, and with her rhythmic breathing and warmth, it was like having a stuffed animal/hot water bottle combo to sleep with.

Unfortunately, puppy does NOT understand, and kept waking me up to be let out. In. Out. In. And then she needed to play. Really, really play play play play play. I called her little schnauzer friend, Oscar, but got his machine. It's a sad day indeed when you get a dog's answering machine.

I should be thinking about the finals I'm supposed to be giving. No, I should be doing more than thinking about them. All I want is fresh orange juice and sleep. Is that too much to ask? Apparently. Woof.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home