1.01.2005

before sleeping...

Finally finished sorting out over 600 photos I took in the last five days. I hadn't planned it this way, but my vacation in Vancouver turned into a manic photo safari. I just couldn't get enough photos, so every morning I would pick a destination or two that I wanted to see and head out, camera in hand. I must have been starved for creativity. I rarely do my own work, but the impulse has been creeping up on me lately, and it poured forth on this little soujourn.

I walked everywhere for the first couple of days, hours and hours of walking. Finally I began taking busses, as my adventures took me farther and farther outside the downtown area, and the last day I took the skytrain, which is their sexier name for the subway, and a ferry. Some of my favorite photos were taken right from my hotel window, and many at night.

I want to write in more detail, but the typos are coming fast and furious, which is one of many indicators that I should sleep NOW, so I'll have to put off the epic for another time. Meanwhile, I want to post links to the photo fest. Here are the different galleries. There is some overlap, just because...

• My own arty favorites are here

• A better feel for reality resides here, but they're still arty

• Masks from the Anthropology museum here, but I must warn you, many are blurred. They were crammed into musty cases behind full-glare glass in semi-darkness. This is the best I could do, and even this required massive clean-up, removing plastic holders that went in front of chins, glare, etc.

• And just for fun, some shots out the hotel window of lights at night, here.

Time to join three snoring dogs. No, I don't snore. I'm the only one who doesn't.

0 Comments:

<< Home